Munich, the capital city of Bavaria, is one of the most famous cities of Germany.
In fact, it is the third largest city of Germany. Only Berlin and Hamburg
have got more inhabitants. Munich has got 1,3 million inhabitants.
The city of Munich was founded in 1158 by Henry the Lion. So the city
has got a lot of history.
There are a lot of interesting facts about Munich
- 2 opera houses, 58 theatres and 84 cinemas
- 10 universities with more than 80.000 students
- 130 public libraries
- 45 museums
- 346 accommodations
- About 1.800 hours of sunshine a year
- An average temperature of about 10 degrees Celsius during a year
- During the summer months the average temperature is 18 degrees celsius
We hope you have a great time in Munich!